Appointing a GDPR EU Representative is almost always compulsory for corporations residing outside the European Union.
Not only can the penalties be severe monetary fines (up to 20M or 4% of annual revenue), the European Supervisory Authorities reserve the right to limit or eliminate the processing of your data files. The highest fine to date was EUR 740,000,000 to Amazon.
Overview of fines and penalties :
Our expertise is in managing requirements under Article 27 of the GDPR
If your organization is located outside the EU but is offering goods or services to individuals in the EU, or monitoring their behavior, and you are processing their personal data, it is highly likely that you need to appoint an EU Representative under Article 27 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What is an EU Representative?
- hold your Article 30 records of data processing activity
- act on your behalf in relation to data protection matters in the EU
- act as the first contact for supervisory authorities
- act as the first contact for data subjects
How we can help
- We can act as your EU Representative
- We are headquartered in Rotterdam, Netherlands
EU GDPR Representative Service
€ 19.90 /month
Billed annually € 238.80
- EU GDPR Representative (Art 27)
- Cancel anytime
- EU GDPR, Swiss FADP & Singapore PDPA support & assistance
- Unlimited e-mail support
- Unlimited e-mail correspondence with Data Subjects and Supervisory Authorities
- Free 2 hours assistance per dispute with Data Subjects and Supervisory Authorities
Are you obliged to appoint an EU Representative?
Well, the answer is just a few questions away …
I don't need a representative because I only do business in a country outside the EU
Can’t I just get this whenever I need it?
You need that insurance now and you can get it simply and easily at a very low price. Penalties for non GDPR-compliance are severe.
I have set up a GDPR privacy notice on my website, changed my opt-in procedures and sent a GDPR notification to all my customers, isn't that enough?
Not having a EU Representative is a serious offense and any supervisory authority would fix a severe penalty in case of complaint.
I don’t need to be compliant, I only use paper to process personal data
Wrong : as long as personal data from EU residents are processed or stored, whatever the support (electronic, paper, ..), you must comply with GDPR.
What makes an EU representative eligible?
When do I need a DPO and when do I need a representative?
Representative and DPO positions cannot be performed by the same entity.